Roasted Butternut Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Roasted Butternut Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of Butternut, cubed.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 Litre of Chicken Stock.
- You need 5 Sprigs of fresh Thyme.
- It’s 250 ml of Cream.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
Roasted Butternut Soup Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Place butternut cubes, quartered onion and unpeeled cloves of garlic in a roasting dish lined with baking paper. Give a good drizzle of olive oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Roast until butternuts are soft and slighly charry (about 40 mins). I bought my butternuts sliced already, but if you only have whole butternuts, save yourself the effort of peeling and chopping and cut them into quarters with the seeds removed, this takes about an hour to roast.
- Once butternut is cooked, remove the onion and saute in some butter with fresh thyme until slightly caramelised and soft.
- Remove thyme sprigs from pot and strip off all the little leaves. Discard the sprigs and add the leaves back into the pot.
- Add butternut (remove skins if using whole butternuts) to pot. Squeeze the roasted garlic from it's skin and add to pot.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add cream and puree with a stick blender until smooth.
- Serve with fresh bread and a drizzle of cream. Optional: add crispy bacon bits and/or blue cheese crumbles as a garnish. 🤤