Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas
- You need 4 Lbs of Shrimp (raw, peeled, and deveined).
- It’s 1 of Onion (diced).
- It’s 3 cloves of Garlic (minced).
- You need 2 Tbs of Jalapeños.
- You need 6 Tbs of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 Cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 10 Oz of can Tomatoes (diced).
- You need 3 Tbs of Cajun Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 pkg of Cream cheese (8 Oz).
- Prepare 1 lb of Monterey Jack Cheese (grated).
- It’s 10 of large Tortillas.
Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas Instructions
- In a large Skillet, saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth until a nice Roux is formed.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and add the shrimp, tomatoes, and seasonings. When shrimp is starting to turn slightly pink, stirring cream cheese and shredded cheese and cook until melted
- Remove approximately 2 cups and set aside for later as a topping.
- Spoon approximately three quarter cup down the center of each tortilla. Fold ends and roll up. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, ensure a small space between each tortilla. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes
- Plate enchiladas, and spoon some of the mixture that was set aside on top.