Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage
- You need 1 box of Mostaccioli.
- It’s 1 packages of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow bell pepper (or what color you desire ).
- It’s 5 oz of grape tomatoes.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper (or to taste).
- It’s of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream (I didn't measure so maybe 1/3 to 1/2).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 cup of shredded parmigiano-reggino.
Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage Instructions
- Slice the sausage on a angle and set aside. In a bowl season the shimp with Cajun season and set aside.
- Clean and peel the carrot then slice on a angle. Slice the bell pepper and tomatoes long ways and set aside.
- In a deep pot get water going for pasta. Cook al dente. Be sure to salt the water.
- Add oil to a non stick skillet and saute the sausage until they slightly brown and remove
- Add the shrimp. Saute until they turn slightly pink and remove from skillet.
- Add peppers and carrots and saute for 5 minutes until the carrots begin to slightly soften.
- Add tomatoes and continue to saute another 3 mins.
- Add sausage back to the skillet along with the heavy whipping cream, black pepper and parmigiano-reggino.
- Bring to a bowl until the sauce has thickened add salt if needed. Add shrimp and pasta then stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add more cream as needed to make more creamier.