Island Seafood and Corn Chowder – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Island Seafood and Corn Chowder using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Island Seafood and Corn Chowder
- It’s of White fish, 1 lbs diced large (I used cod).
- It’s 1 lbs of peeled, deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, drained.
- You need 2 cans of coconut milk, plus 1 can water or seafood stock.
- You need of Red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of fresh scotch bonnet, pierced once with a knife.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Island Seafood and Corn Chowder Instructions
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onion and garlic until onion translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes and celery. Cook for about 8 min. Add in your tomato paste then your seasonings and salt and pepper. Cook for further 2 min.
- Add in your coconut milk, milk, scotch bonnet and red Bell pepper. Bring to rolling boil and cook until the potatoes are ALMOST cooked through.
- When the potatoes are about 80% cooked, add in your white fisg and shrimp. Cook for about 8-10 min until the fish is flaky and the shrimp is pink.
- Serve hot. I julienned some fresh kale and put it in my bowl. When the hot chowder is poured into the bowl it will cook the kale just perfectly.