Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong)
- You need 200 g of Squid (cut into bite size pieces).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- It’s 50 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste.
- Prepare 20 g of Dried Chilli (deseed, rehydrate).
- Prepare of Pre-Sauce (mix in a bowl);.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sweet Dark Soy.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- It’s of Other Ingredients;.
- Prepare 2 pc of Tamarind Slice.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) Instructions
- MARINADE; marinate the squid in lime juice and salt for minimum 30 minutes. The Lime will remove any fishy scent.
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat the cooking oil in a wok until hot. Fry the Sambal paste until the oil separates.
- PRE-SAUCE; Once the oil separates, add the Pre-Sauce, Tamarind Slices, Coconut Milk and squid. Cook until the liquid has reduced to your desired consistency. Season with salt and sugar if necessary.