Chemmeen roast (prawns in coconut milk) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Chemmeen roast (prawns in coconut milk) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chemmeen roast (prawns in coconut milk)
- It’s 500 grams of prawns, cleaned & deveined.
- It’s 1 cup of onion sliced thin.
- You need 2 tsp. of garlic crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of garcinia cambogia (kudampuli).
- You need 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp. of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of fennel powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pepper powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 2 tsp. of ginger crushed.
Chemmeen roast (prawns in coconut milk) Instructions
- Soak garcinia cambogia in little warm water after washing.
- Heat coconut oil. Splutter mustard seeds. then add fenugreek seeds. add curry leaves.
- Add onions and turmeric powder and fry till almost golden.
- Then add ginger and garlic anf fry till done.
- Add powders- chilli, coriander, pepper, fennel.
- Add in tomatoes & let it cook on a low flame.
- Once tomatoes are done,add salt add soaked garcinia cambogia with the soaking water.let it cook lightly.
- Add prawns and coconut milk and cook for 7 to 8 minutes remove from heat
- Serve with rice, hoppers or chapathi.