Keralan Style Prawns – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Keralan Style Prawns using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Keralan Style Prawns
- It’s 250 G of raw king prawns (Deveined).
- Prepare 10 of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic ginger paste.
- You need 2 Tbsp of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of turmeric.
- You need 25 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of dry red chilli or to taste.
Keralan Style Prawns Step By Step
- Peel and devein the prawns
- Cut the onions into quarters and boil them, then blend to make a paste.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and the dry red chilli until they begin to pop, add the curry leaves and fry for a few seconds, add the onion paste and cook really well until it begins to loose its moisture
- Then add salt and the garlic and ginger paste and fry really well, then add the turmeric and continue to cook for a few seconds
- Add the prawns and cook for 10 to 20 seconds until they just begin to colour then add the coconut milk slowly (add a little at a time until you have the desired quantity of sauce)
- Cover and cook on a really low heat until the prawns are cooked through serve with a little extra coconut milk drizzled over, garnish with coriander and serve with your choice of rice