Malabar Prawn Curry – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Malabar Prawn Curry using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malabar Prawn Curry
- Prepare 300 grams of king prawns, peeled, leave the tail intact, deveined and washed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of each fennel and cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green chilli slit lengthwise.
- It’s 2 stalks of curry leaves.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- You need 1 cm of ginger, sliced.
- Prepare of Curry mix.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of @sainsburys medium curry powder or any curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of mild chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 200 grams of french beans.
- Prepare 5 of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 150 mls of water.
- Prepare 200 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Coriander for garnish.
Malabar Prawn Curry Instructions
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Now add curry leaves, fenugreek, cumin and fennel seeds. Saute for 1 min. Add the chopped onion garlic and ginger and saute till softened.
- Add the curry spices and fry for a further 10 seconds making sure it doesn’t burn. Add the 150ml of water and salt. Bring to boil then add in the coconut milk..
- Add the green beans and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add the prawns and tomatoes and cook over low heat for 6-7 minutes. Turn the heat and stir in the coriander leaves. Serve with white rice.