Prawn malai curry – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Prawn malai curry using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- It’s 12 pieces of tiger prawn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Onion-ginger-garlic paste.
- You need of (Make a fine paste in blender taking one medium sized onion, 1’’ piece ginger, 8-10 pods garlic and 2 green chilies).
- Prepare 1 of Chopped onion small size.
- It’s 1 of small glass coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- You need As needed of Whole garam masala- cardamom (2 no), Cinnamon (1’’ stick), Clove(2-3 no).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garam masala powder(using only cardamom, cinnamon and clove).
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of White oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need few of green chillies.
Prawn malai curry Instructions
- In a small container add turmeric and red chilli powder. Pour 2 tsp. of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Wash and clean Prawns.
- Take oil and ½ tsp. of ghee in a kadhai. Saute Prawns in medium hot oil. When you put prawns in oil, within 3-4 sec it will change it's colour into red.Then remove from heat and keep aside.
- Into the remaining oil add whole garam masala and bay leaves. When it starts spluttering add chopped onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes till the colour becomes pink colour. Then add onion-ginger- garlic paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes until it becomes light brown. Now add turmeric-red chilli paste in to it.Mix well. Cook till the oil is floating on top.
- Next add beaten yogurt, salt to taste and sugar into it. Mix and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour coconut milk and green chilli slices.
- When it starts to boil add prawns in it. You can use ¼ cup of hot water according to required gravy.
- Let it boil for 10-12 minutes in low flame with lid (Over boiling will hard the prawns). After that time turn off the gas flame then add garam masala powder and the remaining ghee.Finally cover with lid and give a standing time for 5 minutes. Serve hot with steamed rice or any fried rice of your choice.