Prawn Biryani (Pressure Cooker) – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawn Biryani (Pressure Cooker) using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn Biryani (Pressure Cooker)
- Prepare 1 of . Prawns – 500gm.
- It’s 2 of . Basmathi- 1 cup.
- It’s 3 of . Bay leaf – 1.
- You need 4 of . Cinnamon – 1 inch.
- You need 5 of . Cardamom – 1.
- You need 6 of . Onion – 1 cup thinly sliced.
- It’s 7 of . Tomato – 1 cup thinly sliced.
- You need 8 of . Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
- You need 9 of . Green chilli – 1 slitted.
- You need 10 of . Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- It’s 11 of . Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- It’s 12 of . Turmeric – 1/4 tsp.
- It’s 13 of . Mint – 1/4 cup chopped.
- You need 14 of . Coriander – 1/4 cup chopped.
- It’s 15 of . Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- It’s 16 of . Coconut milk – 1/2 cup.
- Prepare 17 of . Ghee – 3 tbsp.
Prawn Biryani (Pressure Cooker) Step By Step
- 1. Clean the prawn wash thoroughly and keep aside. Drain the water completely add little turmeric, chilli powder, ginger garlic and lemon juice. Marinate this for 1 hr in fridge. 2. Wash the basmathi rice soak for 20 min. 3. Heat pressure cooker add ghee. Once this melted add cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom.
- 4. Now add onions and saute well. Add ginger garlic paste and stilted green chilli. 5. Saute till the raw smells goes off. 6. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook it turns mushy. Add salt.
- 7. Add the red chilli powder, garam masala to this. Stir well cook the oil layer forms on the top. 8. Add the chopped mint and coriander. Mix nicely. 9. Now add the marinated prawns to this. Stir it. Don't add any water in this stage.
- 10. Close and cook for 5 min. Now add 1 cup of water and coconut milk. 11. When it starts boiling add the rice to this. Check the salt. 12. Close with the lid and cook till rice done. 13. After the whistle release open and mix gently. Top up with some ghee and serve hot with raitha.