Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik)
- Prepare 250 gms of Prawns fresh or frozen.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut grated.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk (1st extract).
- Prepare 8-10 of Kashmiri red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pepper corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of refined oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer.
- It’s 1/2 inch of grated ginger.
- You need Bunch of curry leaves.
- Prepare of Ball sized tamarind.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) Instructions
- Wash and clean the prawns. If using frozen ones, then soak the prawns in water for about 15 mins, to defrost. Then wash them at least once or twice. Keep aside
- In a blender, add coconut, Kashmiri red chilli, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, tamarind, garlic, coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add 4 tbsps of oil to a pan, once heated add in the curry leaves. Chopped onions, ginger and sauté over medium heat, until the onions turn translucent.
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt. Sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Then add the masala paste and fry it, till the raw smell goes off and the oil starts leaving the sides.
- In goes the cleaned prawns. Add a lil water and let it cook on sim, till the prawns are cooked. Prawns takes very little time to cook, max 5 mins. Once they curl inwards, they are cooked.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and you have one soul satisfying meal on your plate.