Malabar Prawn Curry – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Malabar Prawn Curry using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malabar Prawn Curry
- You need 200 gms of Prawns – ( approx.20 medium sized prawns ).
- You need 1 of Onion small – chopped finely.
- You need 1 to 1 1/2 tspns of Ginger-garlic crushed -.
- It’s 3 of Green chilli – sliced.
- It’s 1 of Tomato small – chopped finely.
- You need of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tspn of Red chilli powder -.
- It’s 1/2 tspn of Coriander powder -.
- Prepare 1/4 tspn of Turmeric powder -.
- It’s 1/4 tspn of Mustard seeds -.
- Prepare 1/4 tspn of Fenugreek seeds – little less than.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk Cococnut -.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- You need of To temper.
- You need 1 of Oil – tblpsn.
- You need 2 of onion – sliced.
- It’s 2 of red chilli Dry -.
- It’s of Curry leaves.
Malabar Prawn Curry Instructions
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.Add chopped onion and saute till they start to change colour.Now add crushed ginger garlic,sliced green chilli and curry leaves.Saute till the raw smell goes.Now add chopped tomato and let it cook well and become soft.Now add in the spice powders.Mix well.Add enough salt.Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.Then add thick coconut milk and let it cook for another 3-4 mints.The gravy will become creamy and thicker.Switch off the flame.
- In another pan heat some oil.Add sliced small onion and let it become golden brown.Then add dry red chilli and curry leaves.Roast them slightly.Pour this tempering into the prawn curry.
- Cover the lid and let it sit for 5 mints.Enjoy with steamed rice or appam.