Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup
- You need 1 of medium sized butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of large red onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s of Lemon.
- It’s Handful of fresh coriander.
- It’s 1 of spicy red chili.
- You need 2 cm of fresh ginger.
- It’s 50 g of double cream.
Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup Instructions
- Chop the butternut squash into 2cm size cubes and finely dice the onion, garlic. In a baking tray, massage the butternut squash cubes with a generous amount of oil, the diced onions and garlic. Put these in the oven/ roasting machine to roast until the squash is soft.
- Once the squash is roasted, add this to a blender along with the chilly, double cream, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon, coriander, cup of water and 3-4 blocks of ice. Blend until it is smooth and creamy, add more double cream/ water depending on how you like the consistency. Flavour further depending on your tastes and season with salt.
- Once the soup is ready, serve it in a soup bowl and garnish with coriander/ mint.