Chicken Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Chicken Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1 of roasted chicken,(Leftover).
- It’s 10 cups of vegetable soup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s For of soup:.
- It’s 1/2 of medium yellow onion, medium dice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, plus more for seasoning.
- It’s as required of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried egg noodles.
Chicken Soup Step By Step
- With the help of a sharp knife cut the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Heat the oil in the pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the carcass pieces and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned all over, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer (do not let the stock come to a boil).
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer, until the flavors have developed, about 40-45 minutes.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer and pour the stock through the strainer Discard the contents of the strainer.
- Bring the stock to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, saltand season with pepper, and stir to combine. Return to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook it. Drain in a colander.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the drained noodles and shredded chicken, stir to combine, and allow to simmer. Cook until the flavors meld, about 5 minutes more. Adjust the Taste and season with salt and pepper.