Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta
- It’s 1 lb of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 of container Blue cheese/Gorganzola Crumbles.
- Prepare 1 medium of container of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1 packages of Linguini or prefered pasta ( I think the thicker the noodle the better).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta Instructions
- Boil water. Add a pinch of salt and a table spoon of oil (to help keep pasta from sticking together). Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- In a pan (I use a wok) add the heavy cream, blue cheese crumbles, and spices. Allow these to to cook for about 10 minutes allowing the cheese to melt and start to thicken. Stirring often as to not burn your cheese.
- Once sauce is starting to thicken add your shrimp. By the time your shrimp are cooked (about 3-5 minutes) your sauce should have thickened to a creamy consistency. (should not be watery)
- Once your sauce is done. Pour over pasta and serve.
- Serve with some fresh garlic bread, salad, or whatever your hearts desires.