Prawn Penne – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawn Penne using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Penne
- You need 1 pack of Penne pasta.
- You need 1 pack of frozen prawns (fresh can also work).
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of small brown onions.
- Prepare 2 of garlic small pieces (not a full garlic clove).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ketchup.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper (optional).
- It’s of Oregano (optional).
Prawn Penne Step By Step
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta. While the water boils, start cutting the tomatoes and onions into tiny pieces. Pound the garlic pieces until they become paste-like.
- Add the pasta into the boiling water.
- Add the olive oil into a new pot then add the prawns (without the tails) into the pot. Cook until golden. (If the prawns are fresh and not frozen, it is best to boil them before slightly frying them).
- Add the shredded vegetables and the garlic to the prawns. (Make sure to not burn them, they shouldn't even look golden)
- At this point, the pasta should already be cooked, so remove the pasta and throw away the water.
- Once the veggies are cooked enough, add the tomato paste and ketchup to the mix. Then add salt.
- Add the cooked pasta (without the water) into the tomato paste mixture. Let it cook for about 7 minutes.
- The dish is now ready.
- You can add oregano to the surface of the dish before serving.
- Then… enjoy😉