Shrimp noodle soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp noodle soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp noodle soup
- It’s 3 C of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 C of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 T of Chile paste.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 2 T of dried shitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 oz of bottle clam juice.
- You need 1 inch of fresh ginger piece, peeled.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- It’s 1 of # large shrimp, peeled.
- You need 4 oz of rice noodles, uncooked.
- It’s 1/2 C of bean sprouts, fresh.
- You need of Several fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 1 of lime, cut into wedges.
Shrimp noodle soup Step By Step
- Cook the noodles according to the package and drain. Set aside.
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 11 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the ginger, anise and cinnamon.
- Use about 1/2C of noodles in a bowl per serving. Put the soup mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with sprouts, basil, cilantro and green onion. Serve with lime wedges on side. Yum!