Laksa – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Laksa using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Laksa
- Prepare of Broth.
- You need 1 liter of chicken stock.
- It’s 4 of stems spring onion chopped.
- You need 1 of stem lemon grass.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sambal oelek.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1-2 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s of Vermicelli.
- It’s of Fried tofu.
- You need of Shrimp.
- It’s of Fish cake.
- Prepare of Bean spout.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Egg.
- You need of Lemon.
- Prepare vermicelli according to packaging instruction. Set aside.
- Combine chicken stock, spring onion, lemon grass, curry paste, sambal oelek, shrimp paste and turmeric in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk and bring to boil then reduce heat to low to simmer. By this time, you will be able to test the flavor profile of the broth. You may add more coconut milk according to how creamy you want the laksa or add curry paste or sambal oelek for a more spicy broth.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Depending on what protein you will be adding, say shrimp and fish cake, simmer for another 3 minutes or until fish is cooked thoroughly. Make sure the heat is not too high to avoid getting the proteins from being broken down.
- To serve, place vermicelli i to a bowl and ladle in the broth. Top with your choice of garnish.