Beijing hot pot – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Beijing hot pot using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beijing hot pot
- You need 2 of chicken carcasses.
- You need 400 g of beef bones.
- Prepare 2.5 L of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of goji berries.
- You need 20 of red dates.
- You need of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare of choice or combination of:.
- It’s of Beef or chicken (thinly sliced).
- You need of Fish fillets (thinly sliced).
- You need of Prawns, squids or scallops.
- Prepare of Meatballs, crab sticks, fish balls or fish cakes.
- It’s of Dumplings or wontons.
- You need of Tofu, bean curd skins, mushrooms, eggs.
- Prepare of Vermicelli noodles, glass noodles or egg noodles.
- It’s of Bok choy, Chinese broccoli, wombok, garland chrysanthemum.
- Prepare of condiments or dipping sauces:.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- You need of Fresh chillies.
- It’s of Garlic chilli sauce.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Chilli sauce.
Beijing hot pot Instructions
- Prepare a big pot and bring water to a boil. Boil the chicken carcass and beef bones for 5 mins and discard the water. This is to remove scum.
- Fill in 2.5L of water into the pot and bring it to boil. Add in goji berries and red dates, simmer for 2 hrs. Season with salt according to taste.
- Once ready, transfer broth into a steamboat pot / hot pot, about half full. Place it on a portable electric stove. Add in your own combination of meat, veggies and fish. Let it boil and cook. When ready, dish out into individual serving bowls with small wire strainer or ladle. Dip cooked food into condiments and enjoy.
- Repeat the same process by adding in meat, veggies and fish into the hot pot and allow to boil and cook once the first batch of cooked food has been distributed. Top up with broth when needed.
- Noodles and eggs are usually added towards the end when the broth is most flavourful after cooking all the ingredients.