Bok choy and silk tofu soup (with duck meat) 青菜豆腐鸭肉汤 – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Bok choy and silk tofu soup (with duck meat) 青菜豆腐鸭肉汤 using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bok choy and silk tofu soup (with duck meat) 青菜豆腐鸭肉汤
- Prepare 5 cups of duck broth (diluted from 2 cups).
- It’s 2 of organic bok choy.
- You need half of pack silk tofu.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried vermicelli (mung bean).
- It’s 6 of dried shrimps.
- Prepare 1 of duck breast (optional).
- It’s 1 Tsp of pickled chilli (optional).
Bok choy and silk tofu soup (with duck meat) 青菜豆腐鸭肉汤 Instructions
- Rehydrate mung bean vermicelli in warm water. Separate each leaf from the middle stem and wash thoroughly with running water.
- Cut book choy into half inch length and set aside. Open a pack of silk tofu, cut out half pack. Hold your hand on one half of pack, pad upside down on the chopping board to release half tofu from the plastic package. Slice tofu into one inch cubes.
- Heat up duck broth in a medium soup pot. Gently transfer silk tofu into the pot. Add dried shrimps and sliced mushroom. Cook on high heat. once bring it to a boil, continue for 5 minutes
- Add vermicelli and stem part of bok choy and cook for another 3 minutes
- Finally add leafy part of bok choy and cook for about 30sec. Season the soup with fish sauce or sea salt
- Drizzle with a few drops of toasted sesame oil. For spicy kick, I prefer to add a table spoon of homemade pickled red chilli. This is no meat version.
- Roasted duck can be added in the last five minutes before serving for someone really want a little bit meat.