Lemon spaghetti with shrimp and crabmeat – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Lemon spaghetti with shrimp and crabmeat using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon spaghetti with shrimp and crabmeat
- You need of Shrimp and crabmeat:.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 12 oz of large shrimp.
- You need 12 oz of imitation crabmeat.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of Pasta:.
- Prepare 1 of # thin spaghetti.
- Prepare 2/3 C of olive oil.
- You need 2/3 C of Parmesan, grated, extra for topping.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 C of lemon juice (2 large lemons if squeezed).
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 C of fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of capers, fried briefly in olive oil.
Lemon spaghetti with shrimp and crabmeat Instructions
- For the shrimp: In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp and crabmeat with the S&P, then add to the pan in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- For the pasta: Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, for 8 minutes. Drain and reserve the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Toss the drained pasta with the lemon sauce, the shrimp and crabmeat and some of the reserved pasta water; add 1/4C at a time as needed to moisten. (I didn't need even a 1/4C) Add the S&P and basil and toss. Garnish with fried capers and more Parmesan cheese.
- How to fry capers: Drain, rinse and dry capers well. Heat 1/4" vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add capers and fry for 2 minutes. They should pop open and get brown and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove them to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Crunch up to garnish.