Shrimp, Sausage and Grits w/ Citrus Butter Sauce – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp, Sausage and Grits w/ Citrus Butter Sauce using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Sausage and Grits w/ Citrus Butter Sauce
- It’s of Stone ground grits.
- It’s 1/2 pound of shrimp.
- You need 1 of smoked sausage link (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 of lime juice.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Shrimp, Sausage and Grits w/ Citrus Butter Sauce Instructions
- With a small pot fill halfway with water and bring to a high boil. Add a 1/2 tbsp of butter and a pinch of salt. Add grits and turn heat on low to not cook the grits too fast.
- In a medium skillet cook the sausage till brown, then add the shrimp and cook on high till shrimp turns opague pink and white.
- To make the sauce: In a sauce pan, add lemon and lime juice, cook on high. Stirring slowly, add the heavy cream to the mixture. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in butter gradually till it becomes dissolved. Mix cornstarch in water until fully dissolved and add 2 tbsp of it to mixture. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 4 mins.
- Once finished, build your grits in a bowl, top it with shrimp and sausage mixture, then finish with the sauce. Add parmesan cheese, parsley, or tomatoes as garnish