Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need 2 of each chicken legs and thighs, skin on, bone in.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, with leaves, cut in half.
- You need 1 of carrot, unpeeled, cut in half.
- You need 1/2 of large onion cut into wedges.
- You need 1-2 springs of parsley.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of water, boxed chicken stock, or any combination.
- You need of For the soup:.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth from stock pot.
- You need 1 cup of peeled sliced carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced celery.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- You need 8 of whole allspice berries.
- Prepare of Diced, cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of wide egg noodles.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup Step By Step
- To make the stock: in a stock pot, place chicken, celery, carrot, onion, parsley and broth, water, or a combination of the two, to equal 4 1/2 cups. Bring to a boil, uncovered, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Simmer for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot to cool. Strain and measure the broth, adding water to equal 6 cups. Wipe out stock pot.
- In the stock pot, add the stock sliced carrots and celery, onion, salt and allspice. Bring to a boil, uncovered. Cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Uncover add noodles and chicken. Bring to a boil, and boil until noodles are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.