Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Peel & Eat Shrimp for 2 – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Peel & Eat Shrimp for 2 using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Peel & Eat Shrimp for 2
- You need 1 pound of 31/40 head-on shrimp (we LOVE shrimp heads).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chopped shallots.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of very finely chopped lemongrass.
- Prepare 3 of chopped Thai chilies (use more or less to taste).
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil and mint combined (I didn't have Thai basil, so I used sweet basil instead).
- You need 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sambal.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- You need of lime wedges for garnish (I like LOTS with something so sweet as Thai sweet chilli sauce).
Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Peel & Eat Shrimp for 2 Instructions
- In a medium high saute pan or wok, saute the shallots, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, Thai chilies, and herbs in the 2 teaspoons oil until the shallots are translucent and also browned in parts.
- Add in the sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, and sambal, stir to incorporate, and let caramelize for a minute or so.
- Add shrimp, water, and lime juice, and saute, stirring occasionally,just until all the shrimp turn a light opaque orange color. (Probably 5 to 7 minutes.)
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!