Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
- It’s of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 jars of apricot pineapple preserves.
- You need 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of white sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- It’s 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of white vinegar.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of LG clove garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- You need of For the prawns.
- You need 2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- Prepare 1 pkg of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of dry tempura batter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- You need 1 cup of ap flour.
- You need of Lemon slices for garnish.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce Step By Step
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt.
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl.
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy.