Capellini with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Capellini with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Capellini with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of peeled large shrimp.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, forced through a garlic press.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet (red) vermouth.
- You need 15 oz of canned diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 lb of capellini.
Capellini with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce Instructions
- Cook capellini in a pasta pot of boiling salted water.
- Heat oil in a 12" heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Cook shrimp and garlic with oregano, salt, and pepper, turning once until golden, about 2 minutes total.
- Stir in vermouth and tomatoes, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add cream and briskly simmer until sauce has thickened sightly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve hot and enjoy!