Hot & Spicy Peel & Eat Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Herbes de Provence – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Hot & Spicy Peel & Eat Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Herbes de Provence using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot & Spicy Peel & Eat Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Herbes de Provence
- You need 2 pounds of 31/40 head-on shrimp.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter (or if you use salted, just adjust the salt down a little).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 3 teaspoons of dried Herbes de Provence.
- It’s 2-4 teaspoons of dried chili flakes (like the kind you use on pizza and pasta), depending on how hot you like things.
- You need of zest of half a lemon.
- You need 2/3 cup of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s of juice of half a lemon.
- You need of chopped parsley for garnish.
Hot & Spicy Peel & Eat Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Herbes de Provence Instructions
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter with 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan or shallow pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and let them sweat for 4 to 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the Herbes de Provence, chili flakes, and lemon zest and stir to incorporate.
- Add tomato puree, stir, and let it cook for a minute or so before adding the stock.
- Stir in the stock, then add salt and give the sauce a few good stirs. Then add shrimp and distribute evenly over the cooking surface. Cover and steam for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Give the shrimp a few gentle stirs and folds to redistribute then cover and steam again for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- At this point, the shrimp should be just cooked through (it should all have *just* turned opaque). Then add lemon juice and the other Tablespoon of butter, and give everything another few gentle tosses.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley, serve with some good crusty bread, peel and eat, and enjoy! 🙂