Shanghai Spinach soup 上汤菠菜 #anti-flu##Spring receipe# – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shanghai Spinach soup 上汤菠菜 #anti-flu##Spring receipe# using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shanghai Spinach soup 上汤菠菜 #anti-flu##Spring receipe#
- You need 1 bunch of whole Spinach.
- It’s 1 of pasture raised egg.
- It’s 2 of thousand-year-old eggs, optional.
- You need 1/4 cup of homemade cured ham.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried salted shrimp.
- Prepare 2 of white button mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
Shanghai Spinach soup 上汤菠菜 #anti-flu##Spring receipe# Instructions
- Soak Spinach in water with a Tsp baking soda added for about 5 minutes before rinse them in running water.
- Roate garlic in olive oil on very low heat until golden.
- Make a thin egg crepe and slice it into 1/4 inch in width. Separate thousand-year-old egg white from its yoke and cut them into cubes. These eggs are invented by ancient Chinese using wood ashes to cure fresh duck eggs making the egg white protein able to digest by elder and kids. Escape this step or replace it with hard boiled eggs.
- Bring the stock plus 2 cups of water into a boil.
- Add mushrooms, cured ham, garlic, egg crepe strips and thousand-year-old egg white. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute spinach in a Tsp of water just after it withers. It takes only seconds. Arrange them one by one in a bowl.
- Season the broth before pouring it onto spinach. Serve with a slice of sourdough bread or a bowl of sprouted multigrain rice. Super delicious with a perfect balance of nutrients but not greasy at all.
- To make it a meal soup, proteins such as chicken or turkey sausage can be added. It's better not adding strong flavor meat such as beef for it may overpower the delicacy of the spinach.