Shrimp Scampi – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp Scampi using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi
- You need 6 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- You need 1 pints of Halved Cherry Tomatoes.
- You need 1 lb of Raw Shrimp.
- You need 1/2 lb of Cooked Spaghetti Noodles.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of Butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/2 of Fresh Squeezed Small Lemon.
- It’s 2 cup of Fresh Whole Spinach Leaves.
- You need 2 large of Portobello Mushrooms (optional).
Shrimp Scampi Instructions
- In a large skillet, turn your flame on its lowest setting. Add olive oil, butter, red pepper flakes, garlic and lemon juice. Cook for 12mins or until garlic is golden brown. **this first step is essential in making your scampi because you need to give the garlic time to infuse into the oil**
- Add in your halved cherry tomatoes
- Chop your large portobello mushrooms and cook them on very high heat in a separate pan *if you cook them in the same pan as your scampi sauce the mushrooms will soak up the entire sauce*
- Let cherry tomatoes cook in the scampi mixture for about 5-7mins. Then began to smash some of the tomatoes with a fork, in order to release all of its juices
- Add raw shrimp into the scampi sauce and cook on low heat until shrimp are pink and tender
- Taste a shrimp with the scampi sauce. Add salt/pepper to taste
- Right before you put the hot pasta into the scampi sauce, add in the mushrooms & as much fresh spinach as you desire. **the hot pasta will wilt the spinach, no need to cook**
- Toss your pasta with the veggies and scampi sauce & then serve hot