Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- It’s 4 cups of Cooked Rice.
- It’s 300 g of Chicken Meat (boneless, skinless, cut into pieces).
- It’s 50 g of Dried Anchovies (ikan bilis).
- Prepare 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- Prepare 150 g of Water Spinach (kangkung).
- It’s 50 g of Red Onion.
- It’s of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- It’s 6 pc (20 g) of Red Bird's Eye Chilli.
- It’s 60 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic.
- It’s 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare of For Stir Frying;.
- Prepare 5 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need as needed of Salt.
Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) Instructions
- PRE-COOK; heat 2 Tbsp of oil until hot and fry the dried anchovies until it is brown and crispy. Remove and set aside. Then caramelise the red onion until it is tender and translucent. Remove and set aside. Lastly, cook the eggs scrambled, remove and set aside.
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot. Add the Sambal paste, chicken, lime juice, sugar, and cook it until the oil separates from the paste.
- COOK THE RICE; once the oil separates, add in the rice and mix well. Then add in one at a time the eggs, anchovies, onions, mixing well in between them. Season with salt.
- ADD THE SPINACH; Lastly add in the spinach. It might look alot but mix it well; the spinach will wilt and once it has wilted, turn off the heat and keep mixing until the spinach has completely shrunk.