‘Ohitashi’ Marinated Spinach & Nori – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have ‘Ohitashi’ Marinated Spinach & Nori using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ‘Ohitashi’ Marinated Spinach & Nori
- You need 1 bunch of Spinach *250 to 300g.
- You need 2 sheets of Toasted Nori *toasted just before adding to Spinach.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of ‘Mentsuyu’* OR Dashi Stock 2 tablespoons & Soy Sauce 2 tablespoons.
- It’s of Ginger 1 small piece *grated.
- It’s of Dried Prawns 2 tablespoons *optional.
‘Ohitashi’ Marinated Spinach & Nori Instructions
- Dried Prawns are optional. If you have, wash with water and soak in water for 1 to 2 hours to rehydrate. Cut to small pieces if large.
- Wash Spinach well and boil in boiling water until tender. Dip in cold water to stop cooking further, drain well and squeeze to remove excess water. Cut into 5cm length.
- Place prepared Spinach in a bowl, add rehydrated but still chewy Prawns, Ginger and ‘Mentsuyu’ (OR Dashi and Soy Sauce) and mix to combine.
- Toast Nori sheets over flames even though they are toasted type, it will change the colour to green and very aromatic, then tear into small pieces and mix with the Spinach just before serving.
- See how to make ‘Mentsuyu’ at http://www.hirokoliston.com/dipping-sauce/