ROASTED BUTTERNUT SOUP #Charityrecipe #4weekschallenge – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have ROASTED BUTTERNUT SOUP #Charityrecipe #4weekschallenge using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ROASTED BUTTERNUT SOUP #Charityrecipe #4weekschallenge
- It’s 1 of butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s of Freshly crushed black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Crushed garlic, ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 stalk of Leek.
- You need 1 stalk of Celery.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SOUP #Charityrecipe #4weekschallenge Instructions
- Peel, deseed the squash and cut it into cubes. Set aside
- Take the onion, leeks, celery and carrots and chop into medium cubes.
- Under medium heat, place 3tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pot and let heat.
- Add the chopped onions, sweat them gently, not letting them brown, then add the garlic ginger paste, leeks and celery and cook them gently till they soften.
- Next, add in the chopped carrots and the chopped squash into the pot. Stir to mix.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste then add in water or vegetable stock(if available) till just about covers the squash. Cover and let cook for about 15min till the squash is soft and cooked.
- Take pot off heat.
- Using a food processed or blender, liquidise the cooked squash, then return the blended soup to pot under low heat.
- Let simmer for 2 min. Then correct seasoning.
- Serve while hot together with bread rolls or sliced baguette.