Real Chinese-style Shrimp with Mayo (Aurora Sauce) – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Real Chinese-style Shrimp with Mayo (Aurora Sauce) using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Real Chinese-style Shrimp with Mayo (Aurora Sauce)
- You need 250 grams of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ● Katakuriko.
- It’s 1/2 of egg's worth ● Egg white.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ● Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Aurora sauce.
- It’s 3 of heaping tablespoons Mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Condensed milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of White pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
Real Chinese-style Shrimp with Mayo (Aurora Sauce) Instructions
- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail on. Make a shallow slice along the back and devein.
- Coat the shrimp with salt and katakuriko (not listed in ingredients). The katakuriko will absorb the dirt and smell.
- Rinse under running water. If the water looks blackish, it's dirty. This step takes a little bit of time but helps ensure nice-tasting shrimp.
- [Aurora sauce] Mix together the ingredients for the aurora sauce. If you don't have any condensed milk, make some. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147095-condensed-milk
- Store-bought condensed milk can vary in sweetness, so please adjust it to your taste. You can use tomato paste instead of ketchup for a less sweet sauce.
- Peel the cucumber and slice into slightly thick strips. Soak them in water to crisp them, then dry them off and spread them out on a dish.
- Dry off the shrimp with a paper towel and season with the ingredients marked ●.
- Put a good amount of oil in a frying pan and pan fry the shrimp.
- Flip and fry the other side, as well. Once the shrimp have become fluffy and crispy, take them out of the oil and let them rest on top of some paper towel sheets so their excess oil can get absorbed. They will cook quickly, so be careful not to overcook them.
- Gently mix the sauce into the cooked shrimp.
- Place them on top of the cucumber and you're finished. It looks so good.
- Here's a healthy recipe without oil for chili mayoshrimp stir-fry. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147099-low-calorie-shrimp-stir-fry-in-chili-mayo-sauce
- This sauce is also perfect with avocados. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154305-sauce-for-avocados-no-2