Siu Mai (Chinese Dumpling with Chicken and Shrimp) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Siu Mai (Chinese Dumpling with Chicken and Shrimp) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Siu Mai (Chinese Dumpling with Chicken and Shrimp)
- Prepare of Skin.
- Prepare 60 grams of flour.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seame oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 320 grams of lean chicken.
- It’s 320 grams of shrimp.
- Prepare 5 of mushrooms; soaked.
Siu Mai (Chinese Dumpling with Chicken and Shrimp) Step By Step
- Rinse shrimp and dry it with cloth, put the shrimp into a big plate, add salt and stir for about 2 minutes
- Carve lean chicken and mushrooms into small grains, add the stirred shrimp, light soy sauce, sugar, and oyster sauce, stir for 3 minutes, add sesame oil and pepper
- Sieve the flour to get rid of big grains, put egg in the flour, stir until a soft dough is formed
- Slice the dough to form a long roll, cut the roll into small pieces (about 45 pieces), press each piece into a thin wrapper of 4 cm diameter (this is the skin of Siu Mai)
- Hold the skin in the left hand near the tip of the fingers, spread the filling with a chopstick, roll the dough into a cylidrical form with the filling exposed at the top
- Press the filling again with a bamboo stick, put the dough in an oil-spread steam basket, steam for about 5 minutes