sig's Italien Vegetable Soup with Crostoni – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook sig's Italien Vegetable Soup with Crostoni using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of sig's Italien Vegetable Soup with Crostoni
- You need 250 grams of butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 180 grams of Cavolo Nero or other dark green curly cabbage cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of castelluccia or puy lentils, canned, well drained.
- You need 200 grams of potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 large of carrot, cubed.
- Prepare 50 grams of leeks, thinly sliced.
- You need 50 grams of onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 large of cup fine grated parmesan.
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- You need 3 of vegetable stock cubes.
- It’s 1 pinch of each salt and pepper.
- You need 12 small of slices of white bread.
sig's Italien Vegetable Soup with Crostoni Step By Step
- Prepare all the vegetables as stated. Add about one liter of water to a 2 liter pot.Add onions and leeks bring to boil. After about 3 minutes add the drained lentils and the bay leaf simmer for about 20 minutes.Add the cabbage,after. 2 minutes add the carrots, then 5 minutes later add the squash or pumkin. Season then add the potatoes. leave to simmer for about 5 minutes, add stock cubes to taste. Season and add a little water if needed
- sprinkle the bread with parmesan , heat cbread with cheese under grill. Add soup to bowl and add one slice of the bread to bowl add a little butter on top. Top the first slice with another grilled slice of bread again adding a little butter. Heat the soup under grill,( broiler) for 2-3 minutes, serve straight away.