Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish)
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 large of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ginger (chopped).
- It’s 1 of broth cube.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cup of squash (chopped into medium size cubes).
- You need 1 large of eggplant (chopped in cubes, medium).
- Prepare 1 cup of string beans.
- Prepare 1 kg of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 small of chili (whole, optional ingredient).
Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) Instructions
- Combine the first (7) ingredients above and put half of the coconut milk. Switch on the stove in a medium high heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook the squash. Do not stir too often. Our goal is to thicken the coconut milk.
- Add string beans and eggplant. Stir for a few, add the remaining half of the coconut milk and let it simmer again for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure you do not over stir to get the desired thickness. And, make sure you do not cover the casserole this time.
- Once thickened, put the shrimp and stir. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Shrimp does cook easily. We dont want to overcook it as well. Add chili which is optional. If you like it too spicy then you need to put more chilis, otherwise.