Fried Eggplant in Spicy Coconut Milk Sauce (FOFOKI) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Fried Eggplant in Spicy Coconut Milk Sauce (FOFOKI) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Eggplant in Spicy Coconut Milk Sauce (FOFOKI)
- Prepare 5 of purple eggplant.
- You need 3 Tbsp of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of tomato, diced.
- You need 1 chunk of ginger, crushed.
- You need 100 g of anchovy / small shrimp, fried briefly.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- It’s of GROUND SPICES.
- Prepare 5 of spring onions.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 of large red chilies.
- It’s 8 of cayenne peppers (to taste).
- It’s 2 of hazelnuts.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
- It’s to taste of Sugar and salt.
Fried Eggplant in Spicy Coconut Milk Sauce (FOFOKI) Instructions
- Wash the eggplant, cut from the tip to the base (do not to break apart, leave the top end uncut).
- Soak eggplant in salted water about 10 minutes. Steam, friy, or grill the eggplant until wilted (not too done, so it still feels crunchy). Arrange in a serving dish and set aside.
- SAUCE: Sauté ground spices until fragrant, add the coconut milk and mix well. Add water and cook until boiling. Add diced tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce and other seasoning above on top of eggplant, top with the already fried anchovies or shrimp. Ready to be served!