Mixed seafood noodles – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Mixed seafood noodles using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mixed seafood noodles
- It’s of water chestnuts 3, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/2-1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s of ho fun noodles 250g, soaked and drained.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of salt and ground white pepper.
- You need of raw king prawns 6, peeled and de-veined.
- You need of squid 1 medium (200g), cleaned and cut into strips.
- Prepare of scallops 4 medium, out of their shells, cleaned and roes removed.
- It’s of Chinese fried fish balls 4 (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of groundnut oil.
- It’s 200 ml of prawn-shell or fish stock.
- Prepare of sliced bamboo shoots 2 tbsp, drained.
- Prepare of Chinese chilli oil to serve.
Mixed seafood noodles Instructions
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Add a dash of oil and heat, then add the ho fun noodles and stir fry for a minute to cook them through, seasoning them with a little salt and pepper. Remove from the wok and leave to one side.
- Heat the wok again, adding another dash of oil. Stir fry the prawns, squid and scallops for 30 seconds. Add the fish balls, if using, along with the oyster sauce, soy sauce and stock, and cover, leaving everything to cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the squid, prawns and scallops are just cooked through, remove the lid and taste, adjusting the seasoning as necessary.
- Stir in the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and let them warm through for 1-2 minutes. Add the ho fun noodles and mix together gently, allowing the noodles to absorb the liquid but being careful not to overcook them.
- Finish with a dash of sesame oil sprinkled over to taste. Divide the seafood equally between the plates and serve with a little Chinese chilli oil on the side.