Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls
- It’s of assembly.
- It’s 6 of egg roll wrappers.
- Prepare 1 quart of vegetable oil, enough to deep fry.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 large of egg, beaten.
- It’s of filling.
- It’s 14 large of shrimp, shelled, tail off and deveined.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pineapple preserves.
- Prepare 3 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls Step By Step
- Chop up into medium chop the cleaned shrimp.
- In a large bowl add soy sauce, ginger, preserves, sesame oil, salt and cornstarch. Mix together well. Add shrimp. Mix again. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Start heating your oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 350°F.
- Get three plates ready in an assembly line fashion.
- First plate add beaten egg. Second add panko and coconut. Third leave for finished egg rolls.
- Take a small amount of filling and place it at top of egg roll wrapper. Roll over once and with some water, wet all exposed edges.
- Fold in the edges as seen in photo. Continue then to roll to end. Lay finished roll to the side, seam side down.
- Finish same technique with other five rolls.
- Dip finished egg roll in egg, then in crumb mixture to coat thoroughly. Repeat until all are coated.
- Fry until a light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve these with a plain soy sauce or sauce with some heat to dip with. It compliments the sweetness.
- Recipe by taylor68too.