Prawn Chow Mein – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Prawn Chow Mein using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Chow Mein
- Prepare 1 of nest of medium egg noodles,.
- Prepare 150 g of bean sprouts,.
- Prepare 150 g of small frozen prawns,.
- Prepare Half of a small onion, sliced,.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce,.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of toasted sesame oil,.
- Prepare of Coconut Frylight or oil for frying in wok.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Prawn Chow Mein Instructions
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the egg noodles and the frozen prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and drain them in a collender and set aside.
- In a hot wok add coconut Frylight to cover entire base of wok or enough coconut oil to have a very thin coating. Add the sliced onion and fry while stirring for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the bean sprouts and toss together with the onions, fry quickly for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the well drained noodles and shrimp to the wok, ensuring not to get any water in there, the dryer the better. Toss everything together, add the soy sauce and oyster sauce, stir until noodles are coated.
- Drizzle over the sesame oil. This has a very pungent flavour so be careful not to add too much if pouring straight from the bottle, to much will ruin the flavour of the dish.
- Serve up and enjoy! 439kcals per portion.