Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with Coriander & Cumin – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with Coriander & Cumin using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with Coriander & Cumin
- Prepare 1 of large butternut squash, chopped.
- It’s 2 of large sweet potato, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds, crushed.
- You need 40 g of butter.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- It’s 850 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s of salt & freshly ground black pepper.
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with Coriander & Cumin Step By Step
- Fry the cumin and coriander seeds in a hot dry frying pan for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, but be careful not to burn them. Once cool, crush in a mortar & pestle.
- Peel the butternut squash and sweet potato and add to a food processor along with the celery and onion. Or hand chop if you prefer into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan before adding the onion and celery. Sweat for 10 minutes then add the garlic, butternut squash and sweet potato.
- Pour in the stock, season with salt and pepper, stir, then cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Leave the soup to cool and blend with a hand blender, or mash with a potato masher if you prefer. Ensure that you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour carefully into a bowl and garnish with a sprinkling of the coriander and cumin seed mix, some fresh coriander and grate a tiny bit of nutmeg over the top. (How easy was that).