Siomay/Shumay – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Siomay/Shumay using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Siomay/Shumay
- You need 300 gr of Chicken mince.
- You need 100 gr of prawn mince.
- You need 1 cans of tuna (110 gr) – no liquid.
- You need 7 tbsp of tapioca flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of white egg.
- It’s 2-3 of spring onions slice thinly.
- Prepare 3 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of knorr chicken.
- Prepare 1,5 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 75 gr of labusiam – optional (steam, shreeded/mashed).
- It’s of dimsum wrapper (optional).
- Chopped prawn really small. set aside.
- Blend mince chicken and fish till really smooth. put the white egg and really blends well. if you used labusiam, put them here now. blends well
- Add the tapioca and flour little by little. add the rest of the sauces, salt, sugar, knorr and white pepper. blends well. This should now make a paste, it should be easy enough to make a ball us
- 2 ways: first – steamed. using the wrapper (or not), put a table spoon in the middle of the wrapper, make shumay and steamed for 30 minutes
- Second way – boil a pan of hot water, put a splash of oil and make a ball with 2 spoons, put into the boiling water just till it has it shape and move it to the steamer. steamed for about 20-30 minutes.
- NOTE: we can use tofu. (cut square the tofu, take out the inside, and filled with siomay) This will freeze well.